Mentioning friends in a Story already online is possible
Forgot to mention a friend in an Instagram Story you just posted? This is not irreversible since now you can tag your friends even if your Story is already published.
Some will be disappointed because if they mention friends in a Story already published, their names will not be displayed on their photo or video in Story (but the friends will be well notified of this identification). And others will be delighted because they will be able to identify up to 20 accounts without it being visible to other users.
How to Tag Friends in a Story Already Posted on Instagram
|You can mention up to 20 accounts in a previously published Instagram Story. © DenPhoto – stock.adobe.com|
Here’s how to mention accounts in an Instagram Story that’s already live:
- Open your Instagram Story,
- Press the 3 small dots ( Plus ) at the very bottom right,
- Options appear, tap Add mentions ,
- Check the accounts you want to add to your story,
- Once the accounts are selected, tap Add .
What there is to know :
- You can only mention a maximum of 20 people.
- Your friends will receive a notification letting them know you mentioned them. They can then share your Story on their accounts if they wish.
- If you don’t want your Story to be re-shared, you can turn off the Allow mentioned people to add this to their Story option , which can be found below your friends list (available on private accounts).
- Once a friend is tagged in your Story, you can’t “untag” them.